5 Yukon Gold potatoes sliced 1/8-inch thick
Enough canola oil to cover the potatoes
1/2 cup diced red bell peppers
1/2 cup sliced green onions
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon butter
- Place potatoes in medium saucepan and cover with the oil. Turn flame to medium.
- Be sure not to overcook the potatoes. Check them every few minutes.
- When the potatoes are done strain them and save the oil to use next time. Let potatoes cool.
- Whip eggs in a bowl and add potatoes when cool. Carefully fold in the green onions and red bell peppers.
- Heat butter in a nonstick pan; pour in potatoes and egg mixture. Turn heat to medium. Using a rubber spatula press down on top to level off. Let cook for 2 minutes.
- Once the mixture has set up a little it is time to turn out onto a plate and return it to the pan to cook the other side. Have burner on medium for a few minutes. Then place in oven 5 five minutes to finish cooking.
- When done turn out on a plate and slice into wedges.