Special Events in Sonoma County CA
SEASONS AT THE INN
Springtime at Inn at Occidental means blooming flowers and gentle breezes. It is the time to see the new blooms at Western Hills garden and to spy a gray whale migrating through the Pacific. The Sonoma countryside is a million shades of green this time of year and wildflowers of every color sprout up all along Coleman Valley Road. Wineries across the county hold barrel tasting weekends – a great way to sample up-and-coming vintages.
- Sonoma Wine Country Sheepdog Trials
- Wine Road Barrel Tasting Weekend (800-723-6336)
- Savor Sonoma Valley
- Battle of the Brews
- Healdsburg Country Fair
- Sebastopol Apple Blossom Festival
- Artisan Cheese Festival
Summer is the time for stunning sunsets, farmers’ markets, and music, music, music. Melodic strands of jazz, classical, and blues drift through the summer night air. It’s peak season for a hot-air balloon ride and a great time to visit Safari West. It’s also the time to stroll the shores of Western Sonoma’s sun-kissed beaches. Don’t miss seeing a summer sunset at River’s End.
- Sonoma County Hot Air Balloon Classic
- Gloria Ferrer Catalan Festival (707-933-1999)
- Sonoma County Fair(707-545-4200)
- Sebastopol’s Gravenstein Apple Fair
- Bodega Bay Seafood, Art, & Wine Festival
Warm days and crisp nights make fall absolutely perfect in Sonoma. Everywhere the county hums with activity — harvest festivals, pumpkin festivals, antique fairs, and “The Crush.” Grapes are picked, crushed, and stored in barrels in the fall, so it’s a great time to see and participate in the winemaking process firsthand. The Sonoma County Harvest Fair is a must if you’re visiting on festival weekend. Check with an innkeeper for this year’s dates.
- Russian River Blues & Jazz Festival
- Wine Country Film Festival
- Wine & Food Affair (800-723-6336)
- Sonoma Country Art Trails
- Sonoma County Harvest Fair (707-545-4200)
- Healdsburg Antique Fair (707-431-3325)
- Kenwood World Pillow Fighting Championship
Winter & Holidays
Winter is a great time to visit Sonoma. Although the trees are shedding their leaves, the wineries are still pouring great wine. In fact, many tasting room folks are bored and dying to impress you with their favorite vintages.
For the holidays, we decorate the Inn in the style of an old-fashioned New England Christmas. We go all out on the tinsel and holly — in fact it takes us four days to deck our halls! We also bake a sampling of Christmas treats to tantalize you in the evenings.
- Occidental Holiday Crafts Faire
- Guerneville’s Holiday Extravaganza (707-869-9000)
- Luther Burbank Home & Gardens Holiday Open House (707-524-5445)
- Wine Road Winter Wineland (800-723-6336)
“Old-fashioned hospitality at its best.” –San Francisco Magazine